- Before you start painting with your roller, use a brush to “cut in” around door and window frames, power points and switches, the corners of the walls, and along the edge of skirting boards. A two-inch (5cm) brush is perfect for this job.
- Pour plenty of paint into the trough in the tray and ‘load’ the roller by dipping it into the paint and rolling it back and forth until the entire roller is covered.
- Start by making a ‘M’ shape on the wall and filling in the gaps with a ‘W’. Work the roller over an area of about one square metre, rolling the paint in a gentle zig-zag pattern. You don’t want to press too hard but make sure the coverage is even.
- Be sure to decrease pressure on the roller before lifting it from the wall. This will help you achieve a streak-free finish.
- Try to make sure you have enough time in the day to apply two coats. You’ll want to wait until the first coat is dry before painting the second (check the can for recommended drying times) – this will help ensure an even finish.
- If you’re going to use the roller the next day, place it on the tray and tie a tightly closed carrier bag around it to prevent the paint drying out.
For contacting you with personalised commercial messages, we will create profiles and analyse your interactions with us. For this, we will look at your personal data such as:
your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, and physical address;
your shopping history, both online (if you link your purchases to your profile) and offline (when making an offline purchase) ; and
the links you click in our emails.
This way we learn about your interests and can ensure that we provide you with the information and promotions that are of most interest to you. We may also ask you for your opinion about our products and services.
If you don’t want to receive any more messages or if you want to opt-out of a particular form of communication with us (for example SMS, E-mail or regular mail), just, follow the steps in that particular communication.
For further information, please read our full Privacy Statement.