- First, remove all knobs and handles, as well as the contents of your cabinets and drawers. Use masking tape to protect hinges and glass. Put down dust sheets to protect other parts of the room as necessary.
- Wash the cabinets down with a strong detergent solution. This will remove grease and create a smooth canvas. Remove soap residue with a damp cloth.
- When the cabinets are dry, sand with fine paper (you can skip this step if you have melamine or high gloss surfaces). Fill imperfections with a good quality ready mixed filler and sand again.
- Apply a wood or melamine primer depending on the surface. You might want to use a small roller on doors for a smooth finish. With a specialist cupboard paint, priming might not be necessary.
- Water-based paints are a great choice for kitchen cabinets as they don’t smell during the painting process, dry quickly and are super tough. The finish will be a subtle sheen that’s easy to clean and touch-up. Specialist cupboard paints create a similar effect.
- Apply two coats. After the first coat is completely dry, sand with a fine paper for a professional finish. Remember to wipe off any dust with a damp cloth.
- When the second coat is completely dry, carefully remove the masking tape, put the knobs and handles back on, and admire your sparkling new cabinets.
For contacting you with personalised commercial messages, we will create profiles and analyse your interactions with us. For this, we will look at your personal data such as:
your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, and physical address;
your shopping history, both online (if you link your purchases to your profile) and offline (when making an offline purchase) ; and
the links you click in our emails.
This way we learn about your interests and can ensure that we provide you with the information and promotions that are of most interest to you. We may also ask you for your opinion about our products and services.
If you don’t want to receive any more messages or if you want to opt-out of a particular form of communication with us (for example SMS, E-mail or regular mail), just, follow the steps in that particular communication.
For further information, please read our full Privacy Statement.