- Spend some time collecting all the materials you’ll need. Having all your tools at hand will help simplify the painting process.
- Steer clear of poor quality paint. Your walls will only need more coats and the finish can often look uneven.
- Invest in a good quality 2” or 3” (5 or 7.5cm) synthetic bristle brush for cutting in the edges. You’ll also need a 7” or 9” medium pile roller for the walls. If you have narrow sections, then it’s well worth having a small roller in hand.
- Brand new roller? Wash it in water before you start painting to get rid of any fluff.
- Worried about paint dripping from the brush? Dip the bottom half of your brush into the paint to load it up. Tap firmly against the side of the tin to get rid of any excess paint before you put brush to wall.
- Begin by ‘cutting in’. This means painting the corners, ceiling edges, above skirting boards and around any windows and doors before moving onto the main walls. Repeat this process for each wall before moving on to the next. This will ensure the paint blends together better.
- If you’re using a roller begin by painting a ‘W’ on the wall and then fill it in with an ‘M’ without lifting the roller. This will ensure even coverage.
- Don’t worry if you get a splash of paint on your windows. Just wait until it’s dry and remove with a paint scraper.
Keep your brushes and rollers in a bucket covered with a damp cloth when not in use to ensure that they won’t dry out.
Keep a damp cloth to hand. This will help you quickly wipe away any mistakes while the paint is still wet.
For contacting you with personalised commercial messages, we will create profiles and analyse your interactions with us. For this, we will look at your personal data such as:
your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, and physical address;
your shopping history, both online (if you link your purchases to your profile) and offline (when making an offline purchase) ; and
the links you click in our emails.
This way we learn about your interests and can ensure that we provide you with the information and promotions that are of most interest to you. We may also ask you for your opinion about our products and services.
If you don’t want to receive any more messages or if you want to opt-out of a particular form of communication with us (for example SMS, E-mail or regular mail), just, follow the steps in that particular communication.
For further information, please read our full Privacy Statement.